Phantoms, we all have encountered these deadly night creatures when we don’t sleep for 3 days in a row.
These Bat-like creatures can easily be killed however when they attack in a group, I don’t think, anyone, wanna fight with them. It’s better to sleep early both in the game and in real life. Although, there’s no other way to spawn them.
Phantom Membranes are required to fix broken elytra and instead of killing them one by one, it’s better to make a Phantom Membrane farm in which you can go AFK on, and doesn’t require much effort to build!
In this guide, we have shared all the information you’ll need to make an AFK Phantom Membrane Farm in Minecraft 1.18 and later versions.
What’re the Uses of Phantom Membranes in Minecraft?
I don’t think, I would need to answer this. But for those who don’t know, Phantom Membranes are very useful for repairing Elytra and brewing slow falling potions in Minecraft.
I remember when I got my first elytra after defeating an Ender Dragon, I was very happy and used it too much that it broke. At that time, I was not aware that it can be fixed with Phantom Membranes.
So I started searching for another Elytra in End City and fixed the previous one using an Anvil. Later, I learned that it can be fixed using phantom membranes. Poor me ):
I guess most of the newbies made this mistake (or am I just the only one?) so if you wanna know how to create an AFK Phantom Farm in Minecraft read on!
How to make an AFK Phantom Membrane Farm in Minecraft?
To build a phantom farm, you’ll need to gather up some resources first:
- 40 Glass
- 36 Fence Gate
- 9 Iron Bars
- 1 Door
- 1 Trapdoor
- 2 Water Bucket
- 32 Dirt block
- First, build a 3×3 square using glass, leaving middle block empty.
- Add 2 more layers of glass blocks at the top of the platform.
- Place fence gates all around the top row of glass. Add a fence gate on every corner of as well.
- Open all the fence gate and place temporary blocks (dirt) on every corner of the fence gates.
- Again, place fence gates all around the farm. Place an iron bar above the middle hole.
- Remove temporary blocks and place water on every corner.
- then make a glass border on top of water and place remaining iron bars in the middle edges.
- remove 2 glass blocks to make an AFK platform and place a trap door.
- Now add a gate to prevent other mobs from attacking you.
- Hooray! The Phantom Membrane farm is ready.
The farm is now ready, Phantoms only spawn when you haven’t slept for 3 days in a row. and after every night you don’t sleep, even more phantoms will start spawning.
It basically depends on the world’s difficulty, at hard difficulty, there’s a chance of spawning 1-3 phantoms every 1-2 minutes. On night 5, 40% more phantoms will spawn, and 60% on night 6 and so on.