Rex Lapis, One of the mysterious characters in Genshin Impact is well-known as the God of Contracts. In Teyvat’s story, he is a mysterious figure that has many secrets hidden beneath him that many aren’t aware of.
In this article, we are going to showcase numerous less-known things about the Rex Lapis in Genshin Impact.
Who is Rex Lapis Genshin Impact?
Rex Lapis, well known as Morax, is the God of Contracts who presided over Liyue – The Nation of Geo Element. He was one of the Original Archons of “The Seven” who stayed alive from the beginning of the game.
Currently, he appeared as Zhongli, a consultant at the Wangsheng Funeral Parlor. Zhongli is also one of the most powerful Geo Characters in Genshin Impact!
Rex Lapis is the oldest Archon of “The Seven” who is over Six thousand years old. He has a lot of secrets that unlocks gradually in his Archon quests and Teyvat’s story quests. He wears a hood that covers most of his face, which actually makes him look even more mysterious.
Rex Lapis Secrets
There are many things players might not aware of, here are some secrets you can look onto:
- Morax was once enough powerful to defeat many Gods easily. He summons spears from the heaven to drill and pin his enemies.
- Other Teyvet Gods respects Morax a lot, the Geo Archon has a good relationship with Anemo Archon, Barbatos whose current form is Venti.
- His real appearence is of a Dragon but he changes his form frequently depending on the situation or to wander in Liyue.
- Rex Lapis assisted the formation of Liyue Qixing which governs Liyue alongside the Adepti.
- Morax forms the core principle of Liyue and has a great influence on the image of the nation. Means, Morax has a strong connection to contracts in Business and traditional values. It is strongly impacted by the God of Contracts.
- Rex Lapis formed every landscape in Liyue from coasts to Mountains and Forests with his hands. Particularly, He created Guyun stone with his spears.
The further story of Rex Lapis will be unlocked in the upcoming parts of the game.
FAQs about Rex Lapis in Genshin Impact
Q. Who killed Rex Lapis?
Rex Lapis is said to be assassinated in the Titular Rite, The 11th Fatui Harbinger Tartaglia manipulated the Traveler to relay the news of Rex Lapis’ death to the Adepti to destabilize Liyue.
However, later when many of Tevyut’s storylines were revealed, it turned out that the Geo Archon faked his death and currently living in Liyue in the form of Zhongli.
Q. Is Zhongli the Rex Lapis?
Yes, Rex Lapis aka Morax faked his death and is living in the form of Zhongli. He retired from his position of Archon to wander around in Liyue as a human after this nation proved that it’s strong enough to stay safe and develop without his protection.
Q. Why did Rex Lapis fake his death?
In one of the chapters, Zhongli, the current form of Rex Lapis explained that he faked his death so that he can step down from his position of Archon. He saw that this nation can protect itself without his help. So, decided to live as a Human and work as a consultant for Wansheng Funeral Parlor.